Monday, February 20, 2012

Update!

The show went well.  It was a while ago now, I guess, but it was a lot of fun.  There were a lot of issues and trouble shooting.  We weren't allowed to put nails or pins in the wall, which made sense.  They asked that we instead use 3M hooks, though they failed to mention the walls had first been coated with Vaseline.  Or olive oil.  Whatever it was, it refused to hold any 3M hooks.  I put up hooks that could hold up to 3 pounds and put an 8x10 gesso board on it, which weighs about as much as a handful of feathers, and they'd all fall off the wall.  I'd be all like, look pretty picture on the wall!  And then the picture would be like, fall on the floor!

We had a fight.  It didn't go well.

But after some panicking and reassessment, the show went off pretty well.  It was a great experience, and I feel like I've learned a lot.  It also challenged me to more seriously consider my career in art.  Hopefully exciting news on that front soon.

Here is a link to the photos from the night of the event.  I've posted them all on my facebook page, Mermaid Loves Octopus.  Feel free to hit the "like" button while you're there and keep updated with what's going on in my shop.

I've finished the line work for my February illustration and I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out.  I chose the 31st Nancy Drew Mystery Story, "The Ringmaster's Secret" as the inspiration.  Pictures and book review to follow!  I'll also have prints available in my etsy shop once it's finished.

Cheers everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment