Friday, August 24, 2012

Art Journal Love!

Another video up this week!  This time I was working in one of my art journals.  My color palette was very inspired by one of my favorite artists on etsy MariaPaceWynters.  I just love her bold color schemes, and she seems to love red and teal as much as I do!

Inspiration comes from a lot of places but always seems to flee whenever I'm faced with an artist's arch nemesis, the Blank Page.  All the whiteness just stares at me and all my ideas run in terror.  Fortunately, there a lots of ways to coax those ideas back out to play.  For this page, I reached for my trusty tarot deck and pulled a card.  It ended up being the Strength card.  So I searched for some quotes about strength and found this one by C. Joybell C.:
“Don't be afraid of your fears. They're not there to scare you. They're there to let you know that something is worth it."
Drawing upon that theme, and a sumptuous color palette, I overcame the Blank Page.   I'm pretty happy with how the page turned out and hopefully you'll enjoy watching the process. ^-^

 

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions for what you'd like to see me do next, I'd love to hear from you!  Thanks, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment